Intro

I work with stem cells in the lab, so I want to share the information on that topic at that blog. There are lots of interesting articles and study materials about stem cells on the web that's why I'm trying to gather them all here.

7/24/2015

Let's create useful application for cell culturing!

In previous post I've asked about the necessity of mobile application development.

Now let's talk more specific.

While working with cell cultures I always notice lots of possibilities to improve the performance and make all procedures easier and to avoid mistakes.

However sometimes it's really hard to manage all cell cultures and to have all data available anywhere anytime.

That's why once I found myself thinking about the creation of something handy, trendy and highly useful for people who need to spend lots of time in laboratory.

My current idea is to develop the application for smartphones that will simplify some routine steps in cell cultivation process.

I'm not  an application developer and I don't have enough funding to hire a good one today. That is why I've launched the campaign for this goal. Moreover, I'd like to hear any comments, wishes and recommendations from both cell scientists and people who know how such stuff as mobile app development works. It's important because I'd like to give the most precise description of this task to engineers.

Here's the donation page

All features are still under construction but here are some crucial goals that I want to see in ready-to-use app:

  •  Interactive Journal with the opportunity to put data abot the culture: isolation day (for primary cultures), seeding day (for other), number and date of passage, medium used (chose from given options e.g.: MEM, DMEM, RPMI etc), serum used (type of serum and %, e.g.: FBS, 10%), medium additives presence such as glutamine, glucose etc, the initial number of cells, type of flask used and other nesessary characteristics. 
  • This Journal will provide notifications - reminders of a regular medium change, subculturing etc
  •  Tools for cell counting such as population doubling time calculator, plotting options etc.
  • One of my wishes is to make some sort of color detector that will give the possibility to determine the pH of the medium based on color on the photo
  •  Maybe there would be tools for image processing with microscope (linked to existing programs or connected with new simplified mobile programm)
  • The possibility of additional (or only) marking of the culture flask using a code with information that appears in a smartphone
  •  Maybe a tool for rapid qualitative detection of signs of contamination by turbidity, color, environment
  •  An analytical package for the interpretation of test results (PRO)
Of course it's just a raw draft and you may also take part in creative process with your vision.

Thanks for all comments. It's really important!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Elleven%20Project